Full Job Description
Pay Range: $13-$20/hr (Pay based on relevant experience. WISP/networking experience strongly valued.)
Physical Demand’s : Ability to lift/move up to 60lbs. Ability to climb a ladder and work on roofs. Ability and dexterity to work in the infrastructure of a home, including attics and crawl spaces. Ability to work in all inclement weather conditions. Must be comfortable using tools to install equipment. Work Environment: Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions. May work in high, precarious places.
Description : The Wireless Installation Tech is the face of Skyber and requires a combination of excellent people skills and technical ability. The position requires completing customer installations, service visits, on-site troubleshooting, and recovery of equipment. Work is performed on site at customer locations both with a physical aspect of installing Internet equipment, as well as a technical portion of configuring network equipment.
- Perform site surveys for potential customers to evaluate serviceability.
- Effectively communicate details of services and function of equipment to customers
- Daily use and intricate knowledge of programs and software used to manage customer accounts
- Diagnose customer issues using critical thinking at service calls and restore functional service to existing customers.
- Install new customers with Internet service, which includes mounting equipment at roof height, running Cat5-E cable the outside of buildings into the customer’s residence.
- Configure routers and customer computers for access to Internet services.
- Perform equipment upgrades for existing customers
- Assist with tower site and in-shop duties as required
Experience: A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Minimum 1 year experience in internet/satellite/cable installation. A WISP background is highly valued.
- Must be professional in dress, speech, and manner.
- Ability to work independently, using sound judgement principles.
- Must be able to safely use ladders and be comfortable working on roofs and running cables to different parts of a building.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions every day.
- Must demonstrate accountability in order to set priorities, organize workload, handle multiple responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment while managing multiple interruptions and adjustments to priorities throughout the day.
- Must demonstrate a desire to learn, supported with a love for technology.
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver’s License (Required)